Junior Brokerage Agent
Broad Reach Retail Partners is a Maryland-based owner and operator of shopping centers. Broad Reach’s philosophy is a well-run, well-merchandised, grocery-anchored shopping centers are an essential part of every community. Broad Reach Retail Partners enjoys a proven track record of understanding the needs of the community and installing retailers that meet these needs. This proactive approach has delivered superior results when compared to our peers.
In 2018, Broad Reach launched a brokerage division – Broad Reach Brokerage Services. Leveraging our deep insight into retail real estate, our national and local relationships, and our team’s combined experience of over 130 years in the industry brings that same focus and attention to detail in getting results for our clients. Broad Reach Brokerage Services serves retailers seeking to lease or purchase space as well as landlords and owners seeking to either lease or sell space.
We are seeking a Junior Brokerage Associate/Trainee to join our team. The successful candidate must be licensed to practice real estate brokerage in one or more of the following jurisdictions: MD, VA, DE or the District of Columbia. The associate will work with the senior agents on various assignments, which will include partnering with the senior agents in various meetings and completing research and other tasks as assigned. Sample assignments include:
- Conducting research on specific properties such as researching public land records and various commercial real estate databases.
- Studying competing properties.
- Working with mapping software to understand a specific property’s strengths and weaknesses relative to competing properties.
- Conducting research on various retail concepts.
- Prospecting extensively on the phone, electronically, through social media, through networking and through canvassing. (Associate must have reliable transportation; business mileage will be reimbursed.)
- Gathering, recording and updating data using Broad Reach’s corporate database.
Initially, the Junior Associate will work directly with a senior agent on all direct negotiations and presentations. A successful Junior Associate will, over time, transition and develop their own book of business. The Junior Associate must be able to work on tasks independently and be accountable to the senior agents for assigned work.
The ideal candidate is looking for a ground-floor opportunity with a growing firm. However, actual real estate experience is not required. Experience in sales or other direct, in person face to face customer contact business is imperative for the Junior Associate to be able to understand not just real estate concepts, but also concepts that are unique to the shopping center industry. The candidate must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in all formats, whether in person, on the phone, or electronically. A college degree is preferred but not required.
The new team member should have:
- Strong selling skills.
- Exhibit a curious and inquiring mind.
- Be willing to learn and practice our Team Methodology.
- Possess the ability to identify opportunities based upon specific, defined parameters.
- Use and have command of Outlook, Word, Excel, and Costar.
- Be confident in his or her decision-making skills.
- Be Self-motivated.