Director of Property Management
At Broad Reach Retail Partners, we create value for our partners, people, and properties. We are looking for a Director of Property Management to help create value through managing the day-to-day property operations of the shopping centers within our growing portfolio. This role will act as the department head but will also be a key team player in the day-to-day operations.
The Director of Property Management will be responsible for increasing the overall value of our shopping center portfolio, both physically and economically. They will accomplish this through proper financial management, administration, facility operation and asset improvement/protection. An effective person in this role will put all the pieces together to effectively run our assets at the highest achievable standards and improve the bottom line.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Interview, hire, train property management team and maintenance personnel as required
- Strong communication, business correspondence, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Maintain positive owner/tenant relationships and understand the property Leases
- Maintain tenant request/contact logs and ensure requests are responded to in a timely fashion
- Develop scopes of work for capital projects and obtain estimates for tenant improvement work
- Perform regular property inspections to guarantee that third-party services are performed at the appropriate level of standards. Identify and correct any potential liability concerns
- Prepare monthly operating reports to clients and report on budget vs. actual operating variances
- Obtain bids from various vendors and select appropriate vendor to perform work
- Ensure emergency evacuation procedures and life safety systems are updated and in effect
- Oversee purchasing for supplies and services in accordance with annual budget and within spending limits and guidelines
- Approve invoices for operating expenses